Dr. Robert Wolcott is Co-Founder and Executive Director of the Kellogg Innovation Network (KIN), a Clinical Professor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, and formerly a visiting professor at the Keio Business School (Japan).
Wolcott won Teacher of the Year from Kellogg's EMBA program in 2013, 2014 and 2015. He has served on the advisory boards of Nordic Innovation for the Nordic Council, Oslo, Norway; the Kraft Foods Global Technology Council (GTC); and GE's Innovation Accelerator.
Wolcott is also a managing partner with Clareo, a growth strategy consultancy serving senior executives at global corporations such as Exelon, Castrol, Johnson Controls, Owens Corning and others.
His book with Dr. Michael Lippitz, Grow From Within: Mastering Corporate Entrepreneurship and Innovation (McGraw-Hill, 2010) shares a decade of research and has been published in Chinese and Japanese. Wolcott's work has appeared in MIT Sloan Management Review, Harvard Business Review, Forbes, strategy+business, The Wall Street Journal, Advertising Age, Business Week, The Financial Times (European Edition), The New York Times and numerous overseas publications. He is a frequent speaker at events worldwide.
In 2003, Rob founded the Kellogg Innovation Network (KIN), a network of senior executives dedicated to driving sustainable innovation. The KIN's annual summit, KIN Global, takes place in late spring and includes leaders from around the world who collaborate around issues of significance for their organizations and for humanity. Wolcott is also an active angel investor in enterprises such as crowdfunding leader Indiegogo, student loan innovator Lumni, legal documentation platform Page Vault, and healthcare data and analytics providers SA Ignite and ClearCare Online.
Dr. Wolcott holds a BA in European and Chinese History, as well as an MS and PhD in Industrial Engineering & Management Sciences from Northwestern University.
- Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Globalization & Innovation
- Culture of Innovation
- The Mission of Business
Featured Speaking Engagements
- Introduction and Closing Remarks on "Building Prosperity through Innovation," KIN ASEAN, Dec. 2012, Jakarta, Indonesia.
- New Models for Corporate Entrepreneurship, Retail Executive Summit, June 2012, San Diego, CA
- GE’s CMO Summit, May 2012, Crotonville, NY
- Innovation Across the Global Marketplace, Israel Dealmaker’s Summit, February 2012, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Innovation in Indonesia, KIN ASEAN, Dec, 2011, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Innovate or Die, Oslo Innovation Week keynote, October 2010, Oslo, Norway
- Grow From Within: Mastering Corporate Entrepreneurship and Innovation. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2010.
- "The Diffusion of Innovations through Microfranchising." In Microfranchising, Robert C. Wolcott. 35–49, 2011.