The senior leadership of a leading global commercial insurance company shared a common interest and concern for the impact of exponential technologies on the future of commercial insurance.
With the rapidly advancing and changing landscape, the leaders felt they needed to take a deep exploration of those technologies, unpack insights, and align on implications and next steps.
- Identified the most relevant exponential technologies affecting the industry, and profiled key insights and implications for insurance
- Mapped the commercial insurance ecosystem and value chain and applied key insights and themes to focused areas within the value chain most impacted by new technologies
- Profiled the venture landscape (startups, VCs, corporate venturing groups), explored innovation and funding trends and implications, and identified dozens of startups potentially disrupting insurance, formed profiles, defining implications.
- Hosted an experiential two-day event with top leaders at the company and a broad array of leading experts in technology, academia, corporate leadership, and venture landscape
- Facilitated ideation sessions with key leaders to unpack implications on the industry and the firm and generate a broad set of ideas and applications of exponential technologies
- Alignment among senior leadership about the impact of exponential technology on the business today and in the future
- A broad set of ideas and potential approaches in applying exponential technologies
- New connections with leaders in a wide variety of disciplines for continued collaboration