Allan Platt is a Managing Partner and Chief Operating Officer at Clareo, where he guides the firm’s strategy and operations.
Allan has led the creation of new businesses, both at start-ups and at established companies.
Prior to Clareo, Allan served as Chief Financial Officer at ExtendMedia, where he helped the interactive media company navigate the technology sector crisis in 2000. Allan was deeply engaged with the privatization of the telecommunications sector in Europe and the consolidation of the cable industry in the United States while working at Salomon Brothers and Bank of America. Allan started his professional services career at Accenture, where he designed and implemented electronic trading systems for a leading asset management company and he created economic models of global debit and credit card payment systems.
Allan earned a BSc in Industrial Engineering and an MBA from Stanford University. He currently leads seminars on corporate responsibility and management of social enterprises at Northwestern University. He also serves as Vice Chairman of the Anacostia Watershed Society, where he is helping the organization restore and protect the Anacostia River in Washington, DC.
- Financial Strategy and Operations
- High-Growth Business Strategy
- Start-up and Venture Investing
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Professional Services Industry
- Social Enterprise Strategy
Featured Speaking Engagements
- Management of Social Enterprises, Northwestern University
- Business Finance, Northwestern University
- Growth Portfolio Management, Technology Executives Club