Defining the Role of the CMO
The CMO Forum is a unique network that elevates and strengthens the role of the Chief Marketing Officer in global corporations.
Limited exclusively to corporate-level CMOs, the forum offers an unprecedented opportunity to learn from and share with peers.
Clareo cultivates small, intimate gatherings and ongoing communications to provide the best possible experience for our members.
CMO Forum members represent some of the largest companies in the world in a wide variety of sectors, from industrial, to healthcare, to high tech. To facilitate the forum, Clareo draws upon deep experience in business strategy, innovation and growth acceleration. Together, we are defining the future role of the CMO and securing a permanent place at the leadership table.
The CMO Forum convenes twice a year to discuss topics most important to our members. We provide sessions that are highly relevant and ideas that are actionable. Members receive a report out of each forum outlining key learnings and best practices.
Upcoming CMO Forums
- February 12-13, 2018: Leading Through an Age of Hyper-Change and Uncertainty
Past CMO Forums
- September 2013: Hosted by BP at the Air Force Academy
- July 2014: Hosted by Johnson Controls at the Fletcher School, Tufts
- September 2014: Hosted by GE at 30 Rock
- February 2015: Hosted by Lenovo at Google Headquarters
- September 2015: Hosted by Fenway Sports Management at the Boston Red Sox
- February 2016: Hosted by Charles Schwab at Charles Schwab Headquarters
- September 2016: Hosted by Abbott at DACOR Bacon House in Washington, D.C.
- February 2017: Hosted by E. & J. Gallo Winery in Napa Valley
- September 2017: Hosted by Allegheny Technologies Inc. in Pittsburgh
The CMO and HR, Part 2: Realizing Potential By Harnessing and Retaining Talent, Dec. 2017
The CMO and HR, Part 1: Attributes of High-Performance Teams, Forbes.com, July 2017
The Role of the B2B CMO in Innovation, Branding Magazine, Nov. 2015
The B-2-B CMO: The Time Has Come, Forbes.com, Oct. 2015
A New Charter for Chief Marketing Officers, World Marketing Summit, Oct. 2015
The CMO Forum Founding Story
The Multifaceted Role of the CMO
This framework was co-created by the group at the initial CMO Forum in 2013 as a way of thinking about the future role of a CMO in a global company. It outlines the six facets of the CMO of the future. Download the PDF.
If you are the CMO of a global corporation and are interested in being considered for the Forum, please fill out this quick form.